Retired Documentation: You are using the documentation for version 1.7.3 which was retired in 2013. Go here for the latest version documentation or check here for your available upgrades to ExpressionEngine 3.
Multiple Site ManagerManage multiple Sites from a single installation
Note: The Multiple Site Manager does not alter the ExpressionEngine License. The license holder must be the owner of all Sites on a single installation.
One Installation, Multiple Websites
The Multiple Site Manager empowers you to create and manage multiple "websites" (Sites) from a single ExpressionEngine installation. These Sites can use your existing domain, sub-domains, a brand new domain, or a combination of the above. Each Site is has its own set of preferences, templates, and weblogs. This lets you leverage a single ExpressionEngine installation across multiple internet properties.
- Multiple Sites from a single installation
- Multiple Forums from a single installation (requires Discussion Forums 2.0)
- Member Database is "installation wide"
- Shared Member Groups across Sites
- Member Groups can have per Site preferences.
- Weblogs and Templates can be accessed across Sites
- Intuitively organized Control Panel
- Independent Preferences per site
- Specialty Templates per Site (Login screens, member profiles, etc...)
- Modules are Site Agnostic so any Site can use any Module.
- ExpressionEngine 1.6 or later
- All Sites must reside on the same server
- If using sub-domains or domains, directories must be able to access your main installation system directory. Please see Setup Domains and Sub-domains for more information.
- License holder must be the owner of all Sites
Table of Contents
- Overview of the Multiple Site Manager
- Install/Update Multiple Site Manager
- Create a new Site
- Setup domains and sub-domains
- Sites Variables and Parameters
- Manage existing Sites
- Purchase Additional Sites
- Change Log